Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 18 and 19


I didn't get a workout in on Friday. It was a busy day. We had a lot of fun to get in before we take off for home. We rode horses, went swimming, visited Grandpa, and I went to my 10 year class reunion. It was a busy day.

I did get in a run tonight. My new quota for myself is to get in 9 miles a week. I know, high expectations, huh. :) I'm just being realistic. I think it's the right amount to ease back into this running thing. I want to avoid injury, and I think the tortoise approach is probably my best bet.

I had horrible sciatica during my pregnancy and soon after delivery, it went away. I thought I was done with it, but I've been having some pain and muscle weakness this week, mostly when I first wake up. I'm hoping that it will subside once I'm back in my own bed.

Here's the stats:

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 35:24 minutes
Pace: 11:48 minute/mile

We walked for about 1/3 mile... made the mistake of running right after dinner. I'm pretty happy with that pace considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment