
This movie is totally motivational! I've watched it more than once and cried both times. I will probably watch it a few more times as I train, it is just that good.
Here's the stats for that run
Distance: 3 miles
Time: 22:44 (2 miles) and the other mile we walked.
Pace: 11:22 minute/mile
That is my best pace yet. It actually felt really good. Probably the best I've felt since I started this journey.
It dawned on me that I should probably give a little of my running history. I grew up watching my older brother run, so naturally I wanted to run too. My neighbor was the cross country coach and he got me going at a young age. I ran. I didn't really run well. I ran in junior high as well as in high school for my junior and senior year.
In college I ran on occasion, but not much. I was too busy with intramural sports and studying. The summer before my senior year I ran a half marathon. My roommate convinced me to do it with her. I forgot my shoes for the race, decided to use my roommates, discovered they were too small, ran without socks to make them fit... and by the end of the race my feet were bloody and torn to pieces. Still, it was fun.
Since graduation college I've run off and on, mostly doing 5K races and triathlons. I am by no means a serious runner. I do it to be fit. My ambitions for this marathon are not to qualify for Boston. They are not to place in my age group. They are simply to finish what I start.
No comments:
Post a Comment