Saturday, February 11, 2012

20 Miles

Leading up to this run, we had a few great shorter runs. We did a 10 miler that felt great and boosted my confidence. Then a few days later we did an 8 miler that felt even better. Both runs our pace was about two minutes/mile faster than our 18 miler. Wow, what an improvement! And, one that gave us a big moral boost.

The night before we ran our 20 miler we put Gatorade and gu/blocks/jelly beans out about every three miles. It was the perfect fueling system.

Right before we took off on our run, I ate three blocks. We did the first ten miles in 2 hours exactly! We felt awesome! We felt pretty great until about mile 17 and things started to cause a little more pain. Still, we made it home in 4:11!!! We did 20 miles more than 30 minutes faster than we did 18!!!

We are feeling on top of the world right now. I feel like I can actually do this. I really think I can do this marathon! So happy right now!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Way to go! If you can do 20...you can definitely do 26.2. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here for the long run.....hahaha I crack myself up:) I enjoy reading your posts but it doesn't make me want to do it myself, ok only a VERY tiny bit. I still think you are crazy but I would love to say that I ran a marathon...or even a half marathon....what am I talking about if I could even say I ran a 5K I would be feeling pretty good but I am not that mentally or physically dedicated to go through all of that pain and torture, and lack of sleep, and dedication that it takes to do what you are doing. I think you are pretty awesome for doing this. Keep the post coming.

    ReplyDelete